body lift bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hi guys, ive got a 2 inch body lift on my 97 k3500 and i need new bolts as mine are rusted bad and think i may break some when i remove them to install new body bushings. anybody have a source or at least a size and length so i know what i need. ive searched the web and checked with summit and found nothing. please help if you can im running out of ideas. would like box and cab bolts but can get by with just cab bolts. anybody remove a lift and want to grt rid of the parts? thanks for any help, this site is great wish id found it long time ago.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Get measurements from a couple you take out and go to Fastenal or the like and get some stainless high-grade bolts, lock nuts, and washers.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hardware store. get some good grade 8's or some case hardened ones or something strong.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
havent been able to find any metric bolts long enough

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Don't go to a regular hardware then, look up a fastener company in your phonebook or Google. Fastenal is great.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Get measurements from a couple you take out and go to Fastenal or the like and get some stainless high-grade bolts, lock nuts, and washers.

True. But if you've got a decent Ace in your area, they've been known to have a great selection of bolts. Just need to make sure you're not buying weaker bolts.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in case some of you guys don't know when a metric bolt is marked 8.8 that's equivalent to a sae grade 5! The metric equivalent of an sae grade 8 should be marked 10.9...