Blue95's Spring Detail Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's up guys, just spent 6 hours today detailing the truck, I just got back from college yesterday and could not wait.
I got some new products to use based on Tweaks suggestions and a few others here.

I first washed her, used Griots Paint Prep to strip all old wax, then Griots claybar to clay it, rubbing compound for some of the bigger scratches, Griots hand polish for the smaller ones, Duragloss 901 non abrasive polish(gave a deep look), then topped it with Collinite PASte Wax (2 coats)

Enjoy! Suggestions and comments welcome, except to take off the fender trim :middle:

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Looks good! I just got back from college today, and cannot wait to start cleaning mine also.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Beautiful, just beautiful...two of those pics are now part of my desktop background slideshow :drool:

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
great job man, what did u use to clean ur wheels. u hand buff it or machine?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beautiful, just beautiful...two of those pics are now part of my desktop background slideshow :drool:

Thank you sir!

great job man, what did u use to clean ur wheels. u hand buff it or machine?

Actually they have not been polished since last spring, I do not run them in winter though, I spent 4 hours with some terry clothes and mothers polish. I ma going to acid wash them at work this summer then use some chrome shop mafia aluminum polish my buddy has.

Looks good man but everyone knows all the cool kids stay at college for the summer.

Not when it is free to live at home and I am making money here :read:

I love the fogs in the diesel bumper..always wanted to do that.

Thank you! They are amazing and help so much, I need to raise them up another inch soon though.

Looks great. Diver's door looks like it's sagging a bit though.

I got my door pins done, but the hinge holes are worn so ohwell, she has 175K miles on her.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my door pins done, but the hinge holes are worn so ohwell, she has 175K miles on her.[/QUOTE]

Have u seen the door pin repair set they have? I believe I saw them from Classic Industries...100 bucks or so...but they are steel bushing and steel pins...comes with its own grease gun and all...supposed to remedy wore out hinges.

My truck has 302k miles on it....pins have been replaced a few times..I guess whats saved me is that I have been on top of them like a hawk whenever they start to look rough.