Blue LED lights in the A/C panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was at Pepboy's today and saw a set of Pilot LED's/3 in a pack. My lights haven't worked in my a/c panel since I got my truck so I figured I would give these a shot. I figured out which wires inside the panel I needed to splice into. When I get home I plan on getting my Dremel out and removing the green from the back side of the buttons. I will also take pics and post them up of how it looks. I have ordered the LED lights for the dash but they won't be in for a few weeks.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the lights I used for the LED's in the a/c panel.
You must be registered for see images attach

I haven't had a chance to take my dash back apart and grind the green out of the buttons yet. It should be brighter and a lot more blue when I do it.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna work on changing the LCD screen color to blue today and when I do I will post pics of what all I've done to do it. It's not hard at all.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok since the machine I run at work is down I had a chance to go ahead and do the blue screen.

The LED bulbs I got have holders and they fit perfect in the old light holes.

Here is how I wired my LED bulbs in. The black wire is the positive wire and there is 2 white wires that are the ground.

I used a clear blue clip board to do my color change on the LCD screen. I just ground down the plastic that hold the green in, traced and cut out the blue piece and glued it in. I don't look to bad, I don't think.

I'll take a pic of them tonight just to see how they look.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aaahhhh man you mean I gotta try and grind green crap off and/or do a new screen on the a/c controls to make it light up blue? That sucks. I thought I could use blue led bubls in the stock places and be done. My cd player lights up blue with led and it's bright as crap, wished my gauges were too.

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To change the screen you just take out the green cover and make a new cover with the blue, red or whatever color you want it to be and glue it in place. On the buttons I have read that you cannot gring out the green in the buttons. So you'll just replace the bulbs with LEDs.