Blower motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes my ac doesnt blow when i turn it on. However if i smack it the blower will turn on. Does it sound like my blower motor is going bad or should i look somewhere else.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It could be the motor, but I'd take a close look at the positive connector. In fact, I'd probbaly just cut it off and put a new female spade connector on it. Mine looked fine, until it finally got bad enough to start cooking the plastic around the factory connector. After replacing it, the motor has worked much better. I may have had to replace it again, but I have almost 300K miles, now.

I've never had an issue with the ground side.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll give it a shot. It would be nice to not have to pull the old one out. Although I do have an extra blower motor I bought a few years ago.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the issue of the wire acting up cause my ac controls to click on/off quickly and my blower to stop?

Ghost350

Reaction score
Definitely check the positive connector at the blower motor, but also check the connector at the blower switch while you're at it. The connector on the blower switch likes to melt too.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Definitely check the positive connector at the blower motor, but also check the connector at the blower switch while you're at it. The connector on the blower switch likes to melt too.
What he said. I don't know if that is your problem, but after replacing the fan switch 3 times in my truck, I took a better look at the connector. It was in bad shape and kept causing switches to fail. Yours sounds like the fan or connector at the fan, but check the switch connector too. Replacing that blower motor isn't a bad job.

Reaction score
Replacing that blower motor isn't a bad job.

I'dsay it's downright easy as far as repairs go. The only hard part is getting the insulation off intact. But I found it made no real difference leaving it off.

While the fan is off, is a good time to clean out the evaporator. No filters there, so it accumulates dirt and leaves etc from the floor intake.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled the ground connector and the power connector off and they looked brand new. I havent fooled with it anymore since we were leaving to head to a show but ill get back into it this weekend

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also i noticed yesterday that the air coming out of the vents would be blowing hard at one point and then slow start to fell like they were barely blowing. Which i think is the motor