Blower Motor Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Alright, the main issue is with my blower motor. Truck hasn't had working A/C in years, so I never use the controls during the summer. Started a few years ago when the blower motor resistor toasted. I figured I can keep using it on "hi" for the remainder of the winter. Within a short time, it killed the blower relay. I bought and installed a new blower motor, resistor, and relay all at the same time. Did an amp check and the blower pulled only 11 amps on hi.

Upon changing these parts, the 12V wire at the relay and the connection at the blower motor appeared burnt and started to melt the relay connector. Connections were re-terminated. It still maintained good contact and worked fine for a year or so.

The relay is working, but the connector keeps melting now. I stopped using it on hi and started using it on the next highest setting. Now that one will work for a minute or so, then shut off. I torture tested this, when it stops running the blower motor resistor still has proper (not excessive) resistance and isn't opening up. Fuse is good too.

What am I missing? Are their any common issues that I should know about with these trucks? Sorry to be so long winded, but I'm stumped!