Blazer body rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
I'll post a pic when I figure out how not having my own comp. currently, but is it common for the rear panel where the tailgate mounts to rot out? My right hinge assembly ripped out making a three inch hole

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would not say that it is common, but I am sure it has happened to other people, I would be looking for a donor burb or 2 DR with a t gate, to cut the pieces out of to weld in to your's to fix it.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a quick patch so the gate does not fall off cuz I plan on doing a crap load of bodywork on it next spring since it needs rockers, quarters and a rear bumper. Just don't have the time to tear into this until then plus I should have my S10 done by then so I'll have something to drive.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty common. It just depends where you live how fast it will happen. All you can do now is undercoat the truck and make sure there's no holes for water to get thrown back there from the wheel.