Black Bowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1 on the quads, can't wait to do that conversion. My headlights already broke one of the mounts that hold in the light, such cheap chinese crap! I spent $150 for corners, lights, and LED parking lamps!!! Parking lamps starting fogging up from washing it or humidity, had to get new ones. I'm done with this chinese crap, the quads conversion is what I will do to any future truck I own that has hazy headlights.
When you do your headlight 4 high mod, add another relay just for the low beams. Use the old supply wire as your trigger wire. You will be amazed how much brighter the low beams will be, running rite off of the battery. I used a #10 wire as my new supply from the battery, fused of course. IMO a #12 is prob big enough. The last pic was just after I did the mod. The other pic was take a few weeks ago. The 3ed relay is for my aux rev lights. Eventually I am going to redo my 3 relays. Maybe something like what is on my e-fans.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
+1 on the quads, can't wait to do that conversion. My headlights already broke one of the mounts that hold in the light, such cheap chinese crap! I spent $150 for corners, lights, and LED parking lamps!!! Parking lamps starting fogging up from washing it or humidity, had to get new ones. I'm done with this chinese crap, the quads conversion is what I will do to any future truck I own that has hazy headlights.

I also love 88-89 quads, but even if you swap and that solves the headlight issue how do you deal with bad cheap parking lights fogging up? Is there a great quality parking light option out there?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All of my lights are OE, and most are the original lights that came with the truck, or junk yard replacements. I have replaced the top and bottom corners, and added bulbs to the top corners. I used some junk yard lowers as donors for the bulbs to fit inside of. There is a thread on here somewhere about the mod. To clear the lights up, and make them look like new again, sand them with some 400 or 600 wet sandpaper. Then buff them out with a buffer, and some white polishing compound, then I wax them. If you are talking about condensate inside of the lens, well the OEs aren't bad for that, as long as the seals around the plugs are good.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I also love 88-89 quads, but even if you swap and that solves the headlight issue how do you deal with bad cheap parking lights fogging up? Is there a great quality parking light option out there?
What I would do is silicone the housing all around it. For some reason, when I took off my parking lamps a billion times, the black silicone where the screw is, came with the screw when I was taking it out. That, I don't know how I would put more silicone in there without it just being ripped out again. But anyway, just bought new ones, but the incandescent style with two 1157 amber LEDs, much brighter, looks cooler, and goes in-line with the LED in my side marker, than the built-in LED ones that I bought.