Biggest Rear Side Speakers For A Reg Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i sorta bought some JL C3 6x9s without measuring and realized they are waaay too deep, i dont think i can fit em at all even with a custom enclosure, whats the biggest thing you guys have got in there? I dont mind custom making an enclosure or doing something a little different, i just need more than the stock ones which are 4x6 i wanna say. Has anyone here fitted a 6x9 in there? I wanna see whats out there.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have tou put anything in the doors yet? I would try and get those in the door. If I remember right when I put my 6.5s in I was thinking 6x9s would fit.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would go with some 6.5's or 6.75's components in the front doors and forget about the rears. in my buddys reg cab he put new rears and that was all you could hear. after about a week we unhooked them

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would go with some 6.5's or 6.75's components in the front doors and forget about the rears. in my buddys reg cab he put new rears and that was all you could hear. after about a week we unhooked them

You know you can fade the rears out so they are not so loud right?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I currently have 6x9s in the rear for mine. There was a lip around the speaker hold I bent in, and mounted up with some self tappers. I planned on knocking a little bit more out so they will sit a little more flush, but they fit fine. A little bulge in the plastic over the speaker where it hits the cone guard with my 3-ways, but nothing you notice unless you REALLY are looking. Plus I have a sub behind my seats as well, so you cant see. I will try to dig up some pics if they are on my PB, since I'm deployed and away from my home computer.

And yes, why wouldnt you just fade the rears?

EDIT: Check out the awesome skull speaker guards lol Company sent the wrong speakers, but I used them til the new ones showed up. (The eyes even light up red with the bass lol )

You must be registered for see images attach

Sub box pretty much blocks the view of them anyways. Its more to the pass side for some storage room behind my driver's seat.

Last edited:

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I currently have 6x9s in the rear for mine. There was a lip around the speaker hold I bent in, and mounted up with some self tappers. I planned on knocking a little bit more out so they will sit a little more flush, but they fit fine. A little bulge in the plastic over the speaker where it hits the cone guard with my 3-ways, but nothing you notice unless you REALLY are looking. Plus I have a sub behind my seats as well, so you cant see. I will try to dig up some pics if they are on my PB, since I'm deployed and away from my home computer.

And yes, why wouldnt you just fade the rears?

EDIT: Check out the awesome skull speaker guards lol Company sent the wrong speakers, but I used them til the new ones showed up. (The eyes even light up red with the bass lol )

Sub box pretty much blocks the view of them anyways. Its more to the pass side for some storage room behind my driver's seat.

How deep are your 6x9s? The ones i got are like 4in deep i cant seem to find the space to fit em in anywhere and i rather not have them completly blocked by my seats, i have buckets from a 97 hoe in there

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I believe they were close to like 3.5-4". They stick out some but not too bad. Can't really tell once the plastic is put back over it. I also bent that lip in which allowed me to fit more of it in.