Bigger A/T Tires on Stock Suspension? 96 k2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be able to fit a 285/75R16 (33") on a stock wheel with slight crank or trimming and 265/75R16 will fit perfectly stock, infact came stock on some trucks. For the 285's 4.10's would be a good gear to run. Anything less and I would bother with the change.

Krokadyel

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, I have a really good family owned tire place nearby that does a lot of work with lifted trucks etc.. I think I'll go by there tomorrow and tell them to stick the biggest BFG a/t they can on there.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before i put my body lift on i ran 285s on my stock wheels with just a torsion bar crank to level it with no problems other than 285s are a bit wide for stock wheels so they have a decent crown to them.

Krokadyel

Reaction score
The tire shop ordered me 285 BFG's, they seem to think they will fit. I'll mention a crank on the front when i go up to get them put on tomorrow.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any pics yet?

I know a couple of local guys who have put 285s on stock wheels on 8lug trucks with no other changes. One guy told me he has 3 different brands of 285s and only one rubbed the flares at the rear of the front fender. He has a plow on his 7.4L Vortec truck, so he runs smaller tires (245s) in the winter due to the lower front height.

With the 6 lug trucks I understand the 285s rub the air dam, hence the need for cranking the torsion bars?

Krokadyel

Reaction score
The shop told me they should have them in tomorrow, once i get them on I'll post back with some pics and what i needed to adjust (if anything) to put them on.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
With the 6 lug trucks I understand the 285s rub the air dam, hence the need for cranking the torsion bars?

Yep, exactly, and mine still bumps it every once in a while, while braking, in reverse, and turning... LOL.

I could crank more to avoid it, but I just don't see the point. This also probably wouldnt' be an issue if the tires didn't have pretty substantial lugs on the shoulders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez