Big find at the Pull a Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sadly I didnt think to get pictures. I had already been there for a few hours poking and prodding around looking for anything of marginal interest. And I didnt get it for myself because I would have had no way to get it back home. But I managed to find a 2wd 6 lug Suburban. And wanted to scream, but that would have been awkward.

I'm mainly posting this to recruit some assistance and ask information.

First, would it even be worth the time and effort to pull and transport? My current setup is a 2wd 5 lug Suburban.
Second, what would the time frame from pull to drivable?
Third, what tools are needed? I have fairly easy access to most types of tools, but it would have to be done in a driveway (or parking lot, but we lose access to air tools).

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you said 2wd so it wouldnt have a front diff. if your thinking of making your 2wd into a 4wd i would just convert to a solid axel and coils up front, if your working that hard to make it 4 wheel drive do it right.

are we talking about the same era suburbans here? both gmt400s ones 5lug 2wd? the other is 6lug 2wd?

they dont hgave 10 bolt fronts if they are 2wheel, the parts may swap right over some of them at least like the actual hubs that will make it 6 lug

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
All you need is new brake rotors up front from a (same year as your suburban) 7200 gvw (light duty) 2500. And a rearend out of a 4wd suburban. BUT the rearend will be 3" wider so you will need to put 1.5" spacers up front and you can run nbs/nnbs rims. Or do like I did and get 4" lift spindles because they widen the track width 4" so you'll be about even.

So big question. What are you wanting to accomplish in changing to 6 lug?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
What about the whole taboo about 10 bolt diffs grenading? I didnt think until just now to check the bolts on the diff.

10 bolts don't grenade. G80's in 10 bolts grenade! Put in a locker and be happy. I ran 37 Boggers with a 10 bolt and a locker! Zero issues. And I am extremely hard on my truck!