below zero and my heat died!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Its getting cold in Maine and my heat just quit! Any ideas what it s? Im clueless. Wont blow any air on an setting. Just a fuse maybe? It was fine when i bought it then it started to cut in and out. Now its all done.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If the motor isn't running there's lots of things it could be.

Fuse.
HVAC head
Resistor
motor
etc.

Start with the fuses.

then have a look at the stuff this guy tries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acc3JNbUtxo

You can skip 4:00 to 9:00, it's pretty much just staring at the floor. There's lots of other dead spots you can jump through too.

The blower motor you can check by jumping 12v to the contacts.

Last edited:

BowtieWalt

Reaction score
I am having similar issues. The heat was only operating on high for the longest time but would randomly cut off and come back. Changed the resistor and still nothing. Tested the blower motor works. Has power throughout the system as I checked it already. Tried a new blower switch and it work on all settings. But it was short lived it began cutting in and but my dash is still apart so I wiggled the connection and it came back. This morning I got nothing out of it again. When I put my test light on the ground it lights up, at least it did before I changed the switch, don't know if does now. Not sure what else to do. Not to hi jack the thread . But it sounds like a similar issue

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

BowtieWalt

Reaction score
Well I tried a blower switch wasn't ac delco brand. The pig tail did not seem to have anything visibly wrong with it. I've done a resistor, blower motor and blower motor switch so far. I have power at all connection points and at all fan speeds. I had it working for a very short time the other day. Am I looking at a ground issue? It's a 95 Tahoe, not sure where the grounds run at, and if I put a test light on the ground to the blower it lights up, with alligator clip attached on the metal dash frame. I know nothing about electrical stuff and I'm very green to these trucks.

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ground is behind glove box, up and to the right. The wire gets brittle and can be broken inside the vinyl covering down from the grounding point. Grab the wiring harness near ground and wiggle it while blower should be on. If it goes on and off, you may have found your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
when my anti freeze was low my heater didn't work and I put some in and its fine now :shrug: