Bed Liner Rockers and Flares? Opinions, please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I was just wondering how long this stuff actually lasts before it starts chipping off? Also what kinda prep work is involved before applying it?

Lasts a real long time. I wash mine really good with 80/20 water/rubbing alcohol. Then wait to dry, then spray on. Wait for it to dry. Repeat as needed.

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I did my frnder flares, rockers and bed rails in bedliner, not the spray can stuff though I used a gallon jug of it and put it on with a rag.. once you figure out the right technique to get the texture you want its easy, you dont have to prime before But I always did, and you can paint over it as well. the black matches my black truck too good to bother painting over though, heres a pic

You must be registered for see images

By hezsus at 2011-09-30

By hezsus at 2012-02-19

By hezsus at 2011-11-10

GAZ7198

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to decide the same thing i went with a spray in bed liner changed the who look of me truck because of the over the rail covered scratches and holes, i kinda want to put caps over my over the rail can you do that?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
My 97 K1500 Stepside has bedliner all around the bottom, like a two toned black and Victory red. Stuff is amazing and keeps the rocks and stuff from chipping my paint. Im needing to get flares for my fenders and Im going to spray them with the same stuff. IMO go ahead and do it. Looks great too.

You must be registered for see images attach

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have it on mine and i am super happy with it. I did it because the paint was chipping behind the rear tires pretty bad from alot of gravel driving. At first i used a gallon of bed armor roll on, then when i run a tree or somethign and scuff it up i just touch it up with the bed armor spray on.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I use a bed mat and it works like a charm

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Sorry i didn't read the post. Nevermind my post :nono:

MeechYah

Reaction score
Just Wondering how well some of those do it yourself bed liners look after a couple of years?