Axle indentification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone tell which one this is?
You must be registered for see images
. Because i dont know which one i have.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
yes, the 14 bolt is the one lots of guys replace the smaller 10 bolt with. Much stronger setup. Just make sure the gears and seals are in good order and the fluid is solid.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I have another question what is the difference between semi floating and limited slip positraction?

semi floating is the axle shaft style, it has nothing to do with a traction aid.

semi floating is the weight of the vehicle and propulsion are both handled by the shaft, a full floating axle the shaft has only one job and that is only propulsion, the weight of the vehicle is taken by a spindle and hub so the axle only handles rotational force

limited slip is just a locking differential that tries to put power to both wheels when it senses one wheel turning about 100 rpm more than the other

posi traction is a clutch unit differential that uses friction clutches to try to transmit power to both shafts of a rearend

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
yes, the 14 bolt is the one lots of guys replace the smaller 10 bolt with. Much stronger setup.

not stronger if it has the 3:42 gearset, for whatever reason the 9.5 3:42 gears like to eat pinon bearings or snap off the pinion head

the g80 unit in them is much stronger than the common failing 10 bolt one