audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
Have you found the antenna cable or a blue plug yet? If not, then you are definitely not looking in the right place.

It sounds like you are looking at the two plugs on the bottom of the radio "brain" box, underneath the dash. You need the plugs on TOP of the radio; they will be black, blue, and white if you have a third plug. They will plug into the one larger harness everyone here has already posted. The antenna cable will also be up there along with those plugs.

You will need to unbolt the brain box from underneath the dash to access those wires.
ok,,i took it out,,the brain box,,there is no blue plug,,the plug is black,,the other is white,,the antenna is there also,,i know i need adapter for that,,no prob there,,there is no way the adapter you posted is correct,,it has 4 wires on the white one,,and 6 on the other,,can somebody pm a email address so i can send pics,,i cant load from my phone,,thanks

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
adapter,,hmmmm,,nope,,gonna skip it,,cant seem to get the right one after 3 trips to town and 2 stereo shops,,3 different wal-marts,,,no luck,,,so,,,
out comes the digital multi meter,,,and a test light,,, will be playing music this time tomorrow,after a long day at church,,thanks for all who replied,,,cheers,,,

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 4 of the adapters and the antenna adapter if you want I'll ship ya both you need for $15

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
thanks ,,but i have bought 2 of the adapters,,,both are wrong,,i dont know how else to explain it,,the adapters folks have listed in the posts earlier,,,are wrong,,there is no way ,,it will work, my plugs are flat,,4 wires in one,,6 in the other,,i will take pictures tomorrow and post here so you can see,, ,i do value your time and replies ,,,thank you very much for the offer

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
LET THERE BE SOUND

That"s right folks,,i got tunes,,went to the 4th shop,,bought the CORRECT adapter,,got it wired up and tested and it works,,came in to grab the camera...ya know the rules,,,NO PICS,,,NEVER HAPPENED,,,pics will follow:evillol:

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
thanks bro,,in the reassembly process now,,taking plenty of pics,,will post some later,,taking my time,,also dropping down rear speaker wires from head unit,,so when funds allow i dont have to pull radio again,,the rear b pillars speakers have foam like they are there,,any way to know for sure with out removing b pillar trim? there are no factory rear wires from brain unit so i dont know if factory would put them in or not?? i hear it is no fun,,also my b pillar trim goes all the way to the floor so i may put some 6x9s there,,,thanks for all the help and replies,,,

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I had to come back and look at this thread to see what everyone was talking about and wow lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.