audio upgrade---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the right plug? It's plugged into a silver box just to the right of the steering column under the dash. Not the one plugged into the eq, or the dash controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
yes i followed the plug from the radio down to a flat connector,,the cassette has one also,,thanks for your time,,,

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

This is the adapter needed for your truck. There was no variation, this IS the one. It takes 3 separate plugs from the head unit into this. If your plugs do not match these, you have the wrong plug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
NOT THE RIGHT ONE EITHER,,,like i said,,i removed the factory radio,,i followed the plug down the dash to a flat plug,,the casette has a seperate plug also ,,it is a 1988,,,how hard could this be,,its been done a milliion times,,,dam

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you would listen, it would be simple.. There is a radio control on the dash and there is a cassette player in the dash.. You are correct.. They both have wires that go down to a flat plug... Those flat plugs are plugged into a silver box under the dash on the right side of he steering column.. Look on the back of THAT silver box.. THOSE are the plug you need to plug into, not the ones coming from the cassette or radio control...

As you said, its been done a million times, so you need to listen to the people that have done it, instead of getting pissy because you don't understand...

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for your time,,how do you splice it in,,,,what colors go where,,i cant seem to find the info i need,,

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to pull mine tomorrow and get pictures and wore colors. If you want to pm me your address, I'll send you this adapter, at my cost, so you don't have to cut into the trucks factory wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.