Audio controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow..sorry for the delay.

I have speedhut with a custom lettering on the face. I really like them because they are customizable.
No worries. Been looking around at different gauge sets my 95 with the 6.5 and i like the way those look.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put this steering wheel in my 93.. it looks like theres space for the clockspring to fit since the wheel sticks out more than the factory did.

can you confirm it would work by any chance ?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put this steering wheel in my 93.. it looks like theres space for the clockspring to fit since the wheel sticks out more than the factory did.

can you confirm it would work by any chance ?
If you put the 98+wheel and column in, it should. If you’re trying to use the 88-94 column, I’m not sure.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the clock spring actualy have to be mounted on the steering wheel; or what? Since i dont have an airbag.. could i just remotely mount it & use the wires off it.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the clock spring actualy have to be mounted on the steering wheel; or what? Since i dont have an airbag.. could i just remotely mount it & use the wires off it.
It mounts to the steering column. You would need for it to be securely mounted.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It mounts to the steering column. You would need for it to be securely mounted.

so could i securely mount it somewhere else ? Guess im just not understanding why the clock spring is even needed in the pre-95.. just the wiring. I put a 2000 escalade wheel in my truck (without controls) and the horn wire went where my 93 wheel wire ran to.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The clockspring is what keeps the wiring from binding up in the steering column as you turn the wheel. Wires aren't meant to be twisted and untwisted continuously like that. The clockspring is specifically designed to keep the connections twist-free. It cannot be mounted anywhere but the inside of the steering column. And given what I know about the 88-94 columns, I think you'd have some work ahead of you to make it fit.

@Z71Hobbs could you quote shipping to 75603? I might consider putting a set in my actual Blazer lol.

Last edited:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The clockspring is what keeps the wiring from binding up in the steering column as you turn the wheel. Wires aren't meant to be twisted and untwisted continuously like that. Threw clockspring is specifically designed to keep the connections twist-free. It cannot be mounted anywhere but the inside of the steering column. And given what I know about the 88-94 columns, I think you'd have some work ahead of you to make it fit.

@Z71Hobbs could you quote shipping to 75603? I might consider putting a set in my actual Blazer lol.
Pm sent.