Ash tray light/charge ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I have had my truck could only charge my phone etc. with the cig lighter port, so picked up new sockets for all 3 (cig lighter and the two spots to charge things) put it all back together and still only the cig lighter port works and the light doesn't work either threw a new bulb in, any ideas? Only see a fuse for the cig lighter

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
My light is hooked up using the gauge lights to come on. I don't know how different yours is but that's how it works in a 94

Sent from my vortec powered iPhone

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My light is hooked up using the gauge lights to come on. I don't know how different yours is but that's how it works in a 94

Sent from my vortec powered iPhone
Thanks, yup that's it and had a bad fuse for the aux power ports

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 97 has 2 aux. lighter type plugs under the A.C. Heater controls as does all of the 95, up do. Mine stopped working, so I pulled it loose from the dash and checked all the wires. I found that it is on a different fuse than the lighter is, and has a different ground. Also the center prong inside is the hot + and the outside is the ground - A test light, or even better an ohm meter should help to find the problem. Mine was a ground issue. Also when you turn off the key, The 2 aux. plugs go off.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
UMMM well I could be wrong about it going off. I will have to check on it. LOL you know they say the first thing to go when you start getting old is your UM UM UM UM LOL. I do know this though, It is on a different fuse than the lighter is.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Can I leave this here?

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't recall ever using more than one of the sockets at a time, nor did I ever really use the cigarette lighter. So I put a USB input where the lighter was and installed a 3.5mm input next to it. I also moved the wiring harness from the lighter to one of the auxiliary sockets so both would be on different fuses.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I leave this here?

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't recall ever using more than one of the sockets at a time, nor did I ever really use the cigarette lighter. So I put a USB input where the lighter was and installed a 3.5mm input next to it. I also moved the wiring harness from the lighter to one of the auxiliary sockets so both would be on different fuses.
That's a nice setup