are there two coolant temp sensors on 98 vortec 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munly

Reaction score
Hi. Like the title says. Are there two coolant temp sensors on these motors. i know there is one next to the thermostat, but is there one going into the block as well (driver side, below the spark plugs). if so, what is it called/if not, what is that sensor. it screws into the block and has about a 18-20 inch electrical pigtail which connects to the wiring harness on/near the driver side valve cover. Educate me. Thanks again.

Last edited:

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WT3000 is the 2 prong sensor
WT3025 is the 1 prong sensor that is right below the plugs on the driver side by the exhaust manifold. I broke mine while installing the headers and tried the WT3000 one first and saw that the plug was different.

munly

Reaction score
so am i correct in saying:
wt3025 is the part number for the ENGINE COOLANT TEMP SWITCH located below the plugs on driver side and
wt3000 is the part number for the ENGINE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR located next to the thermostat housing?

the reason i'm asking is my truck has difficulty starting when warm (sitting for 15-20 minutes after reaching operating temp, then starting). from what i've been researching it sounds like one of these sensors is sending the wrong info to the computer. i'm not sure which one sends this info so i was going to replace both. thanks.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j349/Jakenator1/Tahoe/IMG_09261_zpse28e8762.jpg

i think this is the sensor i'm talking about, it goes into the block on the driver side under the plugs...sorry i don't know how to add photos.

Last edited: