Are spacers needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just saw this truck on gmfullsize.

You must be registered for see images attach

My question is, if I had a cepek on my truck. Could I have the same wheels and tires as him without having spacers? or would I need spacers for stock wheels?

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is one sexy truck! yours would look sweet set up like that! im going for the whited out look to

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no why would you need spacers, they're dangerous and hack

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has everything to do with offset. All of the manufacturers say that you need a minimum 4.5" backspacing to clear the steering and suspension post lift. So long as those wheels have a backspacing of 4.5" (or more) you are good to go otherwise you might need spacers.

That does look damn good though.

Dazrin

Reaction score
It has everything to do with offset. All of the manufacturers say that you need a minimum 4.5" backspacing to clear the steering and suspension post lift. So long as those wheels have a backspacing of 4.5" (or more) you are good to go otherwise you might need spacers.

That does look damn good though.

Ok, now I am confused. You say "minimum of 4.5 backspacing to clear the steering/suspension. Should this be "maximum" instead? More backspacing will mean the wheel is tucked in more and will cause more problems with clearance, right?

I think the factory rims are 16x7 with 4.5" backspacing. I have been looking at a set of 16x8s with 4.25" backspacing and was told they work fine.