Any other 16 17 18 year old members out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unlike FB, at least this place is not collecting and selling every personal detail about you and every click you make. Make no mistake, this place is monetizing our data as a collective, but the personally identifiable details are nothing like what FB is mining. Which is why I will never be on FB

P.S one exception - I have a made-up dummy account (dummy email, burner phone number) for perusing marketplace on occasion, but that option is worse than craigslist. FB is like a picked over yard sale...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
"dead" is relative guys.

A chat thread that would have 1000 posts a night then vs a chat thread that will go months between posts, I would consider dying.

That's not to say you won't see any activity here because you will. People will pop in occasionally, questions will be answered.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
"dead" is relative guys.

A chat thread that would have 1000 posts a night then vs a chat thread that will go months between posts, I would consider dying.

That's not to say you won't see any activity here because you will. People will pop in occasionally, questions will be answered.
Yea your right if it was booming like that yea there dying.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unlike FB, at least this place is not collecting and selling every personal detail about you and every click you make. Make no mistake, this place is monetizing our data as a collective, but the personally identifiable details are nothing like what FB is mining. Which is why I will never be on FB

P.S one exception - I have a made-up dummy account (dummy email, burner phone number) for perusing marketplace on occasion, but that option is worse than craigslist. FB is like a picked over yard sale...
I should probably delete FB, I scroll through marketplace way too much for stuff that I don’t even need lol. But there are some good deals and parts sometimes

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I should probably delete FB, I scroll through marketplace way too much for stuff that I don’t even need lol. But there are some good deals and parts sometimes
I wouldn't thats how I got my 97. My mom didn't want me Didnt want me on FB but my grandmother had it so I surfed hers and bam found it. And here I am a owner of a 97.

JJDAG

Reaction score
I have too say it’s nice too see young people into trucks and cars, doing their own work on them, taking pride in your rides. Your just younger but no different then us older guys. I’ve been into cars and trucks my whole life, as I get older I have less and less interaction with younger people into their own vehicles. Most have no interest or clue what makes a vehicle go, they can’t change a tire or change their own oil.
Never stop loving your rides!

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I have too say it’s nice too see young people into trucks and cars, doing their own work on them, taking pride in your rides. Your just younger but no different then us older guys. I’ve been into cars and trucks my whole life, as I get older I have less and less interaction with younger people into their own vehicles. Most have no interest or clue what makes a vehicle go, they can’t change a tire or change their own oil.
Never stop loving your rides!
Yessir. Funny thing is when I go to the parts store I have to walk behind the counter to show them what I need. And to be honest I hate all the kids with daddy's money and gay dished out squatted trucks. And ruin these Ole rigs. Thanks for the reply.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"dead" is relative guys.

The answers seem to be better than I remember them when I first got here too. Maybe it's because the average age/experience of an OBS owner has gone up over the years, but I remember a lot more threads about "lift keys" and "cold air intakes" and other snake oil products that young/inexperienced people often fall for. These days the conversations seem to be a lot more informed and direct, and less bickering and misinformation. The posts might be less frequent but the quality has gone up.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know what else I just noticed too is that these days there's a lot of talk about lifted 2wd trucks. In the old days those guys would have gotten made fun of or just ignored but now people actually help. I also just notice more lifted 2wd trucks in general, maybe it's the gas prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf