Any of you 700r4 guys shifting 3-4 at WOT?? (street/strip guys, i need you)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
sonnax offers a 4th gear WOT solenoid or something, its what i had in my car, i ended up running out of gear at 160 but the trans wasnt limiting it at all. could hit 3rd at 110 if i wanted to. miss my gen

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
No problems with 4th gear failure after doing this?
As long good 2/4 band, and more importantly, the servo I linked, which is what applies the holding power to the band, you'll be fine. I just put that disclaimer in there for myself, if you were to skimp on the servo, you would run into trouble later.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
^^ i understand how it all works. Have built several for myself. I just seeing this being hard on it dumping it into OD at 6500 rpm when its making who knows how much power. Right now im gear limited to about 115-120 in 3rd.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
^^ i understand how it all works. Have built several for myself. I just seeing this being hard on it dumping it into OD at 6500 rpm when its making who knows how much power. Right now im gear limited to about 115-120 in 3rd.

It is indeed, that's why the engineers didn't let it happen from the factory, since they had to warranty the cars they were in. The 4l60e got a bunch of upgraded parts from the factory and is capable of doing a WOT 3-4 shift from the factory though. So is it hard on your trans? Yes. Will upgraded parts mitigate it? Yes. Is it still shortening the life of your trans? Yes. But everything fun does.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Is it still shortening the life of your trans? Yes. But everything fun does.

Sig worthy!!!! lol. I assume this thing has a hardened sun-shell in it already. I hope it does anyway. From the way it shifts, its got something major in it lol. Its a 1987 700r4.