Antifreeze Leaking Connection On Intake Manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gyver

Reaction score
Heater hose connection on intake continues to leak again and again. Seems like every two years im replacing the retaining clip that holds the hose in the connector. The only retaining clip I can find is the cheap hard plastic ones that break or don't seal very well. someone needs to engineer something better is all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand replacement? I replaced mine last summer with Acdelco, no leaks yet. I did save my original though just in case!

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can replace the quick connect with a standard nipple style connector which are stocked at most parts stores, the threads are the same. Just requires a slightly longer heater hose and clamp. The quick connects have been notorious for leaks since they came out. Also pretty common for them to corrode internally and break when trying to replace them.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See this post, it has recommendations and part numbers you might find useful in your situation.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... replace the quick connect with a standard nipple style connector which are stocked at most parts stores

A restrictive nipple has been suggested to be used when replacing the quick connect, see...

Reportedly the quick connect was restrictive for a reason, and that restriction should be maintained.

Last edited:

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i used this 3/4 nipple on the manifold:

and this fabricated restrictor inside the heater core inlet:

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i used this 3/4 nipple on the manifold:

and this fabricated restrictor inside the heater core inlet:
I used the same setup but didn’t use a restrictor. My heater still works really well. I’m curious if it improved heat on your setup. Have you ran it both ways? Thanks.