another inch... or two?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
alright, as some of you know, i lowered my truck 4/6, but i still have the 2 inche drop shackles in the back, but i was able to adjusted it to have only one inch morei n the back, so im now sitting 4/7... i love the look of the back that low, so how could i lose another inch or two in the front? Anyone recomande cutting the coil spring? how do i know how much to cut... how do i cut it?

You must be registered for see images attach

can sort of tell in this picture..

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If u have drop coils then cut them. I wanta say 3/4 a coil was 1 1/2 in. It's posted in my build thread and also dev93 just did his.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
If u have drop coils then cut them. I wanta say 3/4 a coil was 1 1/2 in. It's posted in my build thread and also dev93 just did his.

so if i understand this correctly, if i cut one full ring, ill have 2 inches lower?

what can i use to cut this? will a grinder cut through it?

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A cutting wheel or a band saw. Try 3/4 coil first and see if that's enough. U will find new rubbing spots that's for sure

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Ive got a 7 in drop out back as I took half a coil off my 2 in spings and now its perfect check my build. I just used a cutting wheel to cut it and cleaned it up the edges with a grinder. The 1/2 coil will equal to an inch of drop

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Lol thanks guys! and i just cjecked your threat dev, i think i found my solution! im not going to be running 22s, lol i want to keep my 15s, but i want to run 255, you guys know if itll rub?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Im not rubbing anymore that i can tell I was when the front only had a 4 in drop though with my tire size up front Ive had diff amount of drops on the front now and 2 diff tire sizes. i think i finally found a winning combo

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Your front coils will also settle some keep in mind, but you can run a 5/7 no problem with some 255/60s. As long as your fenders are rolled