another 1/2"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my fronts up 1/2inch to 1 inch to high... in my opinion. How do I fix it? I dont feel like spending $100 on new springs... I have 2" drop springs now and tubular control arms... any ideas would be awesome... or if someone has some used 3" springs... :hmm:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I know people frown on this, but if it were mine, I would trim just a little off of your existing drop spring's, I do this frequently with a band saw, and they don't ride bad at all, and usually I cut the stock spring's and they ride good, just don't cut them with a torch that causes the spring to loose it's tensile strength and eventually break. If you ever cut springs with a torch or some hot method, drop the spring's in a bucket of water and leave only the part you are cutting sticking out, so you won't heat up the spring. Anyway it work's for me.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I know people frown on this, but if it were mine, I would trim just a little off of your existing drop spring's, I do this frequently with a band saw, and they don't ride bad at all, and usually I cut the stock spring's and they ride good, just don't cut them with a torch that causes the spring to loose it's tensile strength and eventually break. If you ever cut springs with a torch or some hot method, drop the spring's in a bucket of water and leave only the part you are cutting sticking out, so you won't heat up the spring. Anyway it work's for me.

doin it! do I cut off the top or bottom?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what about the little u bolt spring compressors that will let you tighten them down 1/2 or 1 inch to lower it? I bet after time it'l settle or wear down anyways.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score

X2 I done this also

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DONE!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
That should drop it close to 2 more inches. Rule of thumb is 1/2 coil equal 1 inches drop. Looks good.