Amp Mounting Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1997 ecsb and I am adding a couple amps for my door speakers and rear pillar speakers. I have a dual downfire 10" box under the back seat. I am thinking about mounting the amps to the back of the seat so I have easy access for any future adjustments but can also be out of sight if I have passengers or just don't want to advertise what I have for someone to steal. I would like to see some pictures if possible and if you ran into any fitment issues when folding the seat etc....I have done several searches on this forum and google but haven't come up with much yet. Thank you

1997-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you zseven1, I was looking for ideas that keep the back seat, but that makes a nice looking setup as well. Here is what I ended up doing.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

1997-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about mounting the amps to the back of the rear seat, found out that there isn't much to attach anything too or to bolt anything to behind my seat without tearing into the upholstery.

ZSEVEN1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you zseven1, I was looking for ideas that keep the back seat, but that makes a nice looking setup as well. Here is what I ended up doing

Yeah, its hard to tell in the pic, but what I have is under the back seat as well. Looks like your sub box is massive so you really put the amp stuff where it had to go.....looks good!!

1997-Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, its hard to tell in the pic, but what I have is under the back seat as well. Looks like your sub box is massive so you really put the amp stuff where it had to go.....looks good!!
Thank you ZSEVEN1, 2 shallow mount 10's in that box. Almost mounted the amps to the front of the box but I don't like that idea and it's not good for the amps anyway, so yes back wall it was and I am glad I mounted them there!

Blockbeata09

Reaction score
I pulled the carpet off the back wall Below the window and sanded a few spots down and used PLX glue to glue a piece of wood there. I put the carpet back over it and mounted amps to it.