ALL RCX lift OWNERS *LOOK*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay I know there is alot of talk about lift kits on here. I want the 4 in.RCX lift. How hard is installation and does it ride stock? Will I have to crank some to level? Is it true about the 6in being the same except for the AAL? If the 6 is the same ill just get it and wait til I can afford 35's. If its the ssame how do theey get 2 extra inches?

Thanks!

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay I know there is alot of talk about lift kits on here. I want the 4 in.RCX lift. How hard is installation and does it ride stock? Will I have to crank some to level? Is it true about the 6in being the same except for the AAL? If the 6 is the same ill just get it and wait til I can afford 35's. If its the ssame how do theey get 2 extra inches?

Thanks!
Installation isn't too hard, just time consuming... make sure you have a nice penatrating oil, like pb blast, liquid wrench, etc... Don't know about ride... Should be darn close to level after it settles in... For a 6" you have to crank the last 2... If you get the 6, you could just run it decranked and without the AAL until you get 35s

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Install skill level 2 out of 5 IMO. If you're doing it, make sure to have air tools and soak the bolts on the front suspension in liquid wrench once a day for a few days before. Yes they are the same, except the AAL. If you don't crank, it rides stock. If you crank, it rides like stock with a crank.

If you only put the block in and crank it to level with it, you'll be at 5 inches of lift.

To get the 2 extra inches, you crank.

forty6and2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
me and a buddy put my 6 inch in a litle while ago.. it wasnt too hard but it is time consuming.. probly cuz i replaced teirods, ball joints, pitman and idler arms new rotors, calipers blah blah, i was concerned about the ride myself and they told me it would ride stock,, well it doesnt,, its stiff! and i even added the levaling keys because i didnt want to crank the keys and it still rode stiff,, but honestly i expected that.. its a lift, its stiffer! lol

just a few pointers,, definatly add the steering stabilizer shock! makes a big difference!! AND AND FLIP THE SWAY BAR OVER!!!! NOWHERE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS DOES IT TELL YOU TO FLIP IT!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The instructions now say to flip it. How in the hell did you get yours reconnected without flipping it? I'm struggling with the thought of how it works even with it flipped. My cranked truck was a PITA to get a new sway bar end link in.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So the 6" lift is the 4" kit just cranked, and AAL in the rear?

It is my understanding that the kit is about a 5.5" drop. The 4" is decranked if you truly want 4" out of it, and the 6" is achieved by a little more than 1/2" of crank and the AAL.

This is the consensus at FSC, I believe Johnny Ringo (a member here too) measured.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that explains why the 6" lift is only about $30 more then the 4" .... I noticed there was a 2-3" lift, which includes a differential drop bracket, and shock brackets, how does that kit differ from the 4/6" lift?

Last edited: