Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lokitruck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this issue has already been addressed. I lowered my truck from a 4/6 to a 5/7. On Friday I am having the alignment done. It’s 30 miles total driving till the alignment is done. Will this be ok?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this out of the ENGINE section, and into one or the other of the suspension forums.

How close to aligned is it now? No or very little visible camber? No visible toe? Steers reasonably straight?

Or wobbles all over, nearly uncontrollable, pulls to one side or the other, obvious camber / toe problems?

Do the tires already have uneven wear? Are the rear tires good? Maybe drive to the alignment shop, then put the nicely-unworn rear tires on the front at least for the alignment and multiple miles of test-driving afterwards.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a tape measure between the front of the front wheels and the back of the front wheels. Adjust until you're within 0 to 1/8" toed-in and you'll be fine until you can get to an alignment shop.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it'll drive straight and doesn't pose a danger on the road, you'll be fine. I wouldn't drive anywhere other than directly to the alignment shop though.