Air over Hydraulic brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonjones1

Reaction score
My 98 3500 has air over hydraulic brake system. I need the single brake chamber in the rear. I’ve never seen a setup like this nor my mechanic. Chevrolet can’t help nor Turtle Top who did the body conversion.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What conversion do you have? Engine driven air compressor?
I only know of this system as the brake system between normal auto light truck hydraulic, and commercial vehicle full air brake system.
Like a 4500, 5500, 6500 series tucks.

Jasonjones1

Reaction score
I wish I knew. Turtle top did the conversion, they said they don’t mess with anything but the body. Chevrolet says they don’t list anything either. No stickers or stamps inside the doors or anywhere I can find.

Jasonjones1

Reaction score
Inside the canister is a spring and a pancake like a brake chamber.. the spring is broken. The mechanic tells me it’s air over hydraulic… I don’t know… never seen anything like it. The van is in excellent condition everywhere else but sadly I’ve spent $2000 dollars on replacing everything brake wise just to find this afterwards.