Air over Hydraulic brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I worked at Ford Trucks, we got in RVs motorhomes built on Ford chassis with third tag axles sometimes. The axle had tag. The chassis had ID tags, conversion tags , it's mandatory to comply with Commercial vehicle, DOT, for gross vehicle wt increase. That's why the axle is there. Where did they get the trucks from. They know who they bought them from. All else fails go to a big RV dealership like I said they add these to motorhomes, which your chassis is used also. Good luck.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post a pic where it goes on the axle? Having that system would require an air endorsement license. Try big truck parts place....

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need more information.
What's the arrangement? How is it connected to the factory system? It looks like a secondary master cylinder- is that so, with a fluid reservoir of it's own? If it is 'air over hydraulic' there must be an air source, a compressor. Without more pictures, I'd say it's a hydrovac and there should be an engine vacuum line running back to the chamber. Can you give some pictures of the attachments and mountings?
Also, you didn't give any symptoms- what is actually failing? Are the tag axle brakes locked up, or fail to operate?