Air Conditioner Wont stop running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big G

Reaction score
Yea, I have come to the conclusion that the VCM needs to be replaced.

When the A/C button is pushed it does energize and de-energize pin 25. I have not actually pulled pin 25 out of the 32in connector and tested it that way but when I put the 32 pin connector back in the VCM and the Fan / A/C switch is OFF the relay is still being energized.

Throughout the winter I had to pull the A/C relay out because just so I could drive it without the evaporator freezing up.

If I am going to replace the VCM I would like to get it tuned at the same time. Any suggestions? I heard good things about Black Bear performance??

Big G

Reaction score
Saatr,

I did what you recommended by removing pin 25 and then installed the A/C relay. As soon as I turn on the ignition switch the A/C coil pulls in.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saatr,

I did what you recommended by removing pin 25 and then installed the A/C relay. As soon as I turn on the ignition switch the A/C coil pulls in.

That would point to a VCM issue, given you don't have continuity to ground on the relay control circuit when the 32 pin is unplugged.