Aiming 94 composite headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a Special tool for This ? and which way to turn for up or down ?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes there is a aiming tool but not worth buying unless you do a lot of them. Grab a chiton/Haynes book. It will tell you how to aim against a wall... And most headlight adjusters I've done you can use a 1/4 drive 1/4" 12 point socket on do you do not have to buy a specialty tool for that either.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a Special tool for This ? and which way to turn for up or down ?
You can use a 12 point socket! There are two adjusters per light (upand down)(left to right ) just aim them at a large wall at night at about 50 feet away, should be about 4 feet tall beam at 50 feet feet away.

Steve83

Reaction score
Find a large flat parking lot with light-colored pavement and straight lines, or a similar abandoned road where you can park with the truck centered on the line and know that it's in-line. Then start adjusting - you'll find out in a few twists which direction is which. When you think it's close, test drive it. If you can't see the road in front of you, aim down; if you can't see in the distance, aim up. Use a dark towel or cardboard to block the headlight you're NOT working on so you can really see the aim of the one you are.

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After going to the salvage yard, I could actually see the adjusters. Thanks