Admin/Mods: Help me- help you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way but we need to see some presence of some sorts.
By that I mean the current layout issues are frustrating to say the least.

I took it upon myself to figure out how to make it easier to navigate the site.

First when it comes to forum sections & subsections: IMO it's a mess, but that's ok! I found a tutorial on how to Create Sections
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php/669

I also found 9 Easy Steps to Styling Your Forum
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php/470-9-Easy-Steps-to-Styling-Your-Forum
Hopefully those links provided will help you.

Or change my permissions & let me give it a whirl ;)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I also think there should be a reset button added to the profile changes section........the last update seemed to make all my buttons in editor solid white(white text on white background)....gotta mouse over buttons and read tooltip to see what they are lol.

I DO like the black background for site....much more pleasing on the eyes than some bright color.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha ha, thanks for the walk throughs, but I learned all that years ago. You are right, we do need to change this up a bit and I will be doing that soon. The skin will be redesigned soon as well.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I don't see what you mean. The layout is very clean and organized. There's broad sub forums under each Lifted/Lowered trucks for mods, general repair sections which are all organized by topic, vendors and off topic. Anything less then you're creating "catch-all" forums that are impossible to navigate or find content in.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't see what you mean. The layout is very clean and organized. There's broad sub forums under each Lifted/Lowered trucks for mods, general repair sections which are all organized by topic, vendors and off topic. Anything less then you're creating "catch-all" forums that are impossible to navigate or find content in.

Ok well the current layout is as follows

Street and Track
Lifted and Offroad
Interior
Exterior
Pictures and Video

Where would one post a thread like "Help me diagnose my stock height (4x4) suspension"? Does that belong in Street & Track or offroad. It never sees a track nor offroad.

Section & subsections:
If a user wanted to see who's done a LSx swap and see how they did it they'd have to go to- Street and Track + Engine Performance + Maintenance LSX + Carb Swaps

My suggestion-
Instead of:
Street and Track
Lifted and Offroad
Interior
Exterior
Pictures and Video

Maybe this'd make it a little more easier:

Under the hood (Engine, Drivetrain & Exhaust)

Subsections:

Forum + Engine + Performance/Swap.

Forum + Drivetrain + Transmission or Axle Talk or Maintenance.

Forum + Exhaust + Performance.
Just to name a few.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Where would one post a thread like "Help me diagnose my stock height (4x4) suspension"? Does that belong in Street & Track or offroad. It never sees a track nor offroad.

It would go under the stock suspension/bolt on kits under the lifted and off road section, not hard to figure out.

I also see no problem with the forum layout and if you do not like the colors you can always go to the bottom corner and there are 2 other color schemes to choose from.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
On the darkness preset, does anyone else have an issue with the buttons on the reply window being white-on-white?

I still cant figure out how to set my profile colors back to default, lol.