Adjustable fuel pressure regulator 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am in the process of modding my TBI unit are there any pros to adding an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? I have exhaust and with the ultimate TBI mods, TBI and pod spacer not sure what my other future plans are

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
You can modify the stock one or on my 383 I gutted.it with a external regulator and dialed it in to where it wouldn't run rich or lean. Also jet makes aftermarket pressure "pods" or you can switch out the spring. If your engine is stock you dont really need much more fuel pressure, and you won't get a ton more out of your fuel pump either.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can modify the stock one or on my 383 I gutted.it with a external regulator and dialed it in to where it wouldn't run rich or lean. Also jet makes aftermarket pressure "pods" or you can switch out the spring. If your engine is stock you dont really need much more fuel pressure, and you won't get a ton more out of your fuel pump either.

Thanks for the advice/info was looking at the Jegs and Jet one, didn't think about the pump ya and besides those mods that's pretty much it, maybe more down the road if I do more its easy enough to swap out

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
The stock one is adjustable. But setting mine a little higher than stock was the final blow to my fuel pump, it seems. Started acting like it was flooding itself at WOT, but in reality it can't put out enough pressure so its killing itself.

Michael D

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, the factory fuel pumps were really only meant to be able to supply a stock motor. Once you start modding, they run out of oompah pretty quick.