Add keyless entry and power windows to a 99 c2500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
I have a 99 c2500 regular cab. It currently has manual windows and locks. I was reading up on how to switch over to power windows and locks and it seems that I need the harness, lock actuators, and window motors out of each door as well as the door panels. Once I get these parts would they be compatible with my convenience center and then what has to be done to add oem keyless?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 40

Tbbroder

Reaction score
Any info would be appreciated, I mainly just need to know what parts control the keyless entry.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
Is there another place I can put this or maybe a link to a thread that would help?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have done this, It will all plug up. Im not sure if my keyless still works, I don't have a remote for it, but i assume it still should.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
But my truck doesn't have factory keyless entry so if everything will plug right in what module do I need to add it?

98_k1500

Reaction score
That im not sure. I swapped the under windshield harness in my truck (has the windows, mirrors, door locks, and seat on it). There are some modules that come out with it, Im not sure if the keyless came with it or not. You will have to add 2 circuit breakers into the interior fuse panel, but there are places there for them.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
Alright, so if I go pick up a harness and everything attached it should work. Does the harness attatch to anything other than the fuse panel? How do you program the remote to the truck?

98_k1500

Reaction score
I don't recall the program procedure, and the only place the harness plugs to the harness in the truck is the gray plug in the convenience center. Its a fairly easy swap. The hardest part is getting the air bag sensor wires out from behind the heater box when you remove the harness thats got the power windows on it.

Tbbroder

Reaction score
My first post has a picture of my convenience center, not all the plugs have pins. Are the ones that I need there?