AC repair kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought an AC repair kit for my son's 91, compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, Orings etc.
it came with the part in the picture but I don't know what it is for.
It's a zip tie and has Warranty void if removed on it.
what is it for?
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any instructions? Where did you buy kit? What does the kit contain? What is printed on the object? Hollow, solid , container of some sort?
It could be for a commercial enterprise to install to prevent tampering and void warranty.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It almost looks like a cap you would zip-tie over the service port. "Hands off!" or your warranty is void.

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It almost looks like a cap you would zip-tie over the service port. "Hands off!" or your warranty is void.

Richard

I agree, looks like the zip tie might be long enough to wrap around the accumulator, covering the low side service port. Like you said, probably for commercial shops.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
That's what I thought, work on cars daily and not seen it before nor have mechanic friends.