AC Condenser Switch? 94 Suburban K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t find any info on this connected. Is it a switch, what does it do? I can’t find any mention of it on ALLDATA diy.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• DC38C613-9A1C-4B14-A091-507138BDEDE2.jpeg
    DC38C613-9A1C-4B14-A091-507138BDEDE2.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 18

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t find any info on this connected. Is it a switch, what does it do? I can’t find any mention of it on ALLDATA diy.

Any help is appreciated.

Ah, so THAT's where GM put (hid!) that switch. I’ve wondered where it was…

I'm pretty sure that's the high pressure switch that controls automatic recirculation and turns on the (optional, “if equipped”) electric aux cooling fan that's located in front of the condenser.

On the later model trucks (like mine) that switch is on the hose mounting block at the compressor. I wasn't sure where it resided, or if it was present, on the 1994-1995 R134a systems. I believe you've answered my question.

See attached for info on all the AC pressure switches, from the 1998 manual.

Attachments

• GMT400 - HVAC compressor control.pdf
    77.1 KB · Views: 16
  • GMT400 - HVAC pressure switches.pdf
    866.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copy that. So, the 94 model has low pressure cycling switch on the accumulater, the high pressure recirculating switch, as well as a high pressure switch in the compressor!?

Will read theu these PDFs sometime later tonight!

Hmm. Still having difficulty finding the replacement switch!

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question…

These PDFs—they are excerpts from which publication?

Would be fantastic to find an extremely detailed shop/service/technical manual specific to my vehicle.

Can you point me in the right direction?

I can’t find any info on this condenser switch. If the switch on the condenser is, in fact, the high pressure switch AND the switch in the accumulator is, in fact, the low pressure cycling switch…then what is switch in the back of the compressed?

I’m really lost at the moment.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question…

These PDFs—they are excerpts from which publication?

Would be fantastic to find an extremely detailed shop/service/technical manual specific to my vehicle.

Can you point me in the right direction?

The GM service manuals for many years’ vehicles are available for download as .pdf files, here:

88-98 Service Manuals

Over the years I have collected a bunch of GM service literature. Links to PDF Scans of service and STG manuals and a links to the Parts manuals.

and here too IIRC:

GMT400 CK Service Manual Project

GMT400 CK Manual Project - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

GMT400 CK Manual Project The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board
67-72chevytrucks.com

If the switch on the condenser is, in fact, the high pressure switch AND the switch in the accumulator is, in fact, the low pressure cycling switchthen what is switch in the back of the compressed?

You already asked (last week?) and I already answered, that’s the high pressure cut-out switch!

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copy that. So, the 94 model has low pressure cycling switch on the accumulater, the high pressure recirculating switch, as well as a high pressure switch in the compressor!?

Yes AFAIK. Three switches are used on my 1998, for certain.

Hmm. Still having difficulty finding the replacement switch!

Look at the 1998 parts on RockAuto, I trust you’ll see it there. (Edit) Well, I looked there and I didn’t find it. But if you want one they can probably be found on Four Seasons website, here:

Last edited:

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found both high pressure switches at four seasons. Thank you. One is apparently the “system mounted” high pressure switch. The other is the “compressor mounted” high pressure switch.

I’m a rookie, but a little confusing to me why these switches have different on and off pressures?

At any rate…if I have issues when I get the system back together, then I’ll revisit.

Again, thanks for your help.