ABS kicking in often

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alger388

Reaction score
Im having a problem with my truck, awhile back ago i started to get the ABS kicking in under regular braking. It keeps doing it once in awhile and ****** me off. I dont want to rearend someone because it wont stop. My buddy said he cleaned the wheel sensors when he just installed new calipers for me because i work late hours it was a nice gesture.

What is wrong?

Anyone found a way to stiffen the brakes on these OBS either?

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a couple of guys that have switched to Hydroboost for stiffer brakes. I just recently switched over from Oem rubber brake lines to braided stainless steel lines from Russel and it was a world of difference.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i get the same thing with the abs kicking in sometimes under normal breaking. is there a simple fix to this??

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
steel braided brake lines are a simple fex. the less 'lateral flex' basically (< >) pushing out on the brake lines, the less lateral flex, the better your brakes will be. even replacing your original brake lines with OEM replacements should help.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm not sure if i want to remove all the brake lines for that minor problem

alger388

Reaction score
Im trying to get my truck to where it was as good if not better than stock, and i cant pull my trailer with the DOG 305 vortec and i cant stop if im almost rear ending someone now truck alone... Im going to invest into russell lines but i need this abs thing to go away..

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 99 silverado does the samething. Its what I tow with so I think Im going to replace the brake lines with the SS braided ones

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put braiided stainless lines on my truck, I wouldn't have believed how much of a difference there was if some had told me. It's a great upgrade, coming soon on my 99 burb also.