ABS delete on Vortec trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im wondering if Im able to delete my ABS module fairly easily or not? Its a 97 k1500 and I need all new brake lines so I figured I might as well try to delete it. Plus I don't have ABS up front anymore with my sas.

Any help is welcomed! Thank you

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Pull the relay. I blew a rear brake line last winter and didn't feel like fixin it cause it was cold and I'm lazy like that. Soooo I capped off the rear brakes at the master cylinder and pulled the abs fuse because I didn't want that going through my Tcase if I was in 4 wheel. The light is on but it's still workin.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Pull the relay. I blew a rear brake line last winter and didn't feel like fixin it cause it was cold and I'm lazy like that. Soooo I capped off the rear brakes at the master cylinder and pulled the abs fuse because I didn't want that going through my Tcase if I was in 4 wheel. The light is on but it's still workin.

And you drive the truck like this ... Your buts.. For your safety, and others...

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Some people should have their tools taken away... :nono:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
It's all good lol. My front brake lines are new and I check my fluid once a week. Hasn't leaked a drop yet. My gpas f150 has had the master cylinder capped for a lil over 7 years. Plus if it blows I'll stick it in a feild.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's all good lol. My front brake lines are new and I check my fluid once a week. Hasn't leaked a drop yet. My gpas f150 has had the master cylinder capped for a lil over 7 years. Plus if it blows I'll stick it in a feild.

Let me know how that goes for you if you get in a wreck and they find that...

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hes better off than I right now. I can drive basically 5 miles and my reservoir is empty

Which is why I need to get this figured out ASAP