A/c sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy92

Reaction score
I had a bad blower, changed and installed a new one. I even cleaned out a bit of the evaporator. Sound went away but i still have bad air coming to the vents. You really don’t feel anything blowing. Is there anything else i should check not causing any air to blow. It’s a real light flow. And also my compressor isn’t turning. Don’t think that’ll cause a low air flow.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the HVAC box has been cleaned out, and if you have all of the speeds in the blower motor, the next thing to check would be the doors inside of the HVAC box. There are several. Each has an actuator that opens and closes them. You will need to look at some you tube videos on this. It's hard to explain this in a post, but the videos on you tube will show you what to look for, and what to change.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes that evaporator area needs cleaning out with soap and water under pressure. As @kennythewelder mentioned the actuators are also suspect.

GM never planned for these trucks to be in service after 20 years or more. Many of the small internal parts wear out or deteriorate and much creativity has been displayed by owners keeping them going. If you read the threads on here and really get into You Tube you will find out what to do about it. If all else fails you may need to throw some money at it but in the end you will have a paid for truck that is an emerging classic.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an evaporator leak refrigerant -- and oil -- on my 1991 Chevy Beretta, which then caused the evaporator to clog with oily dirt. The reduction in airflow was notable and really bothersome in the winter. I was able to clean it with Simple Green and a high-pressure washer.

When you're looking inside the HVAC case the next time, take a good look at the evaporator, make sure it's clean and clear.