A/C & heat cause the engine to surge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used KW Permanent Metallic Sealer to seal a pinhole in an Olds cylinder head created by poor welding. Stopped a urine-stream leak, took three times as long as the label directions said (over an hour of run-time, vs. "20 minutes". I tried that same product in a Ford Flathead, without success.

I should have used a blender to chop-up all the stuff that settles to the bottom of the can. I carved that up with a knife, took longer than the actual leak sealing, didn't work all that well at getting the stuff small enough to pass through the radiator tubes. I presume it dissolves with heat and water dilution, but works faster if it's not solid blocks of "stuff".
www.amazon.com/401016-Block-Permanent-MetallicTM-Radiator/dp/B000CIPV5E/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2C7H8SGHUVZWP
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Never used a stop-leak product to seal an oil-leak, though. Seems...unlikely.

KYplumber

Reaction score
I could be wrong about this but I have always heard that leak sealing additives purposely degrades the rubber causing them to get softer and expand which then seals the leak. This works for a period of time until the rubber completely breaks down and then you have a leak 10x worse than what you started with.
That's what I thought. I've learned not to trust the people selling the product to tell the whole truth about the product.

"If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will..."
Tom Callahan