99 vortec 7.4l oil pressure sending unit, oil pressure switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Across281

Reaction score
Looking for location from what I have seen people say it is by the distributor on drivers side or by the oil filter housing. I have not been able to spot it. Does intake manifold have to be removed to change this?

You must be registered for see images attach

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just did mine without removing anything but it is way back and down past the distributor. Pretty much on the bell housing. Make sure to get the special oil pressure sender socket and a long 3/8 extension.
I hate to admit it but it took me an hour just to do something so simple because it is so far down there it is hard to reach and hard to get the new one started.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Across281

Reaction score
Just did mine without removing anything but it is way back and down past the distributor. Pretty much on the bell housing. Make sure to get the special oil pressure sender socket and a long 3/8 extension.
I hate to admit it but it took me an hour just to do something so simple because it is so far down there it is hard to reach and hard to get the new one started.

Thanks, will have to feel around down there tomorrow and get back to ya

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have rather long arms so I don't know if this will work for you, but I approached it from over the grill with my knees on the core support.
I had to lift the large bundle of wires and AC line to help get my other arm all the way back and down there.
Hope that helps, good luck

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Using your picture as a point of reference, it's down and to the right out of the picture.

What is all that crusty stuff on your engine?

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like ZRoe said, it's directly on the part of the block that mates to the bell housing. Roughly 2" from the center line toward the driver's side. It screws in at a slight angle toward the driver's side, not vertical. Without the special socket you'll never get it out with the engine still in the vehicle. Good luck.

It looks like you have some missing wire loom and your coil bracket is loose. Both of those will catch up with you eventually, generally at an inconvenient time.

Last edited: