99 Tahoe engine starts and stops immediately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

My OBS Tahoe's battery died and I just dropped in a new one but I can't get the truck to start.

I crank it and sounds like it's starting just fine but then dies immediately. I tried about 10 times but stopped so I wouldn't drain the new battery.

Any suggestions? Can this be the stock anti theft system intervening? If so, how do I disable it?

Thanks alot!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pump turning on? Kick the gas tank couple times n see if that works. I had a 99 and 98 and don't remember any issues with the theft BS....

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes I can hear the fuel pump. I did see the security light come on but it went back out.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. It was in fact the passlock after all.

i just unlocked the door with the key, opened the door, closed it and locked it with the key again. Then I opened it with the key again and it turned right on. Thank god!

cheers

Rancher

Reaction score
Hi All,
I know this is an old post so hopefully it will be seen, I just wanted to thank everyone who answer post. I have a 99 Tahoe that I took to the airport. When I got back it would start then die. I found this post on my phone. I would have never thought that locking and unlocking the driver door would fix the problem. Thank you