99 sierra classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just remember the studs on the Impala SS rear are 12mm, not 14mm like the truck. Not a big deal but a small gotcha to look out for. :D

Sucks about the ball joint but it happens; how many miles on it at that point? Plus also it failed on the corner of the truck that was wrecked; might have had something to do with it.

Love the new rendering. Takes a manly man to paint a truck all purple. :D I've been thinking about a mostly candy purple scheme for my black truck but can't come up with one that works for me just yet. I had a Harley many years ago that I had done with HoK kandy violet over silver base scallops, radiused to match the fenders, on top of black. Loved it. But I think next time I go purple I want a deeper color, more blue in it. Those of you that know my black C2500LD might recognize a habit with the solid billet wheels. :D (my Caprice 9C1 behind it has Centerline Billet Stealths on it too)

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it worth it to put an impala rearend in? If I want to run a 10" wide rim with a 5.5bs? Or is there something else that I can do? Cause every where ive been that has an impala ss rear wants too much for it

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someother guy the truck had about 130k on it at that point, im going with plum crazy from dodge its what I have now in the stripe and im thinking a senergy green like on the new camaros

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is it worth it to put an impala rearend in? If I want to run a 10" wide rim with a 5.5bs? Or is there something else that I can do? Cause every where ive been that has an impala ss rear wants too much for it
What kind of prices are you seeing? Compare it to having your existing axle narrowed, prices can vary a lot on that too. Disc conversion is nice for appearances but honestly doesn't contribute a huge amount to braking power; the brakes are heavily biased towards the front anyway. Rear drums work fine - the only stopping power issue drums have is they tend to experience fade sooner under repeated, frequent, hard braking.

Someother guy the truck had about 130k on it at that point, im going with plum crazy from dodge its what I have now in the stripe and im thinking a senergy green like on the new camaros
That sounds like a pretty hot combo. I love the Plum Crazy color, and while I think the green looks horrible when the whole car is done in it (first time I saw a new Camaro like that I wanted to puke) I bet it would look really good as an accent color with the purple.

was that the mmw control arm that broke?
It was the ball joint that broke, and since he said it had about 130K on it, I'd say that means the factory piece. :)

Richard

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The people I talked too wanted anywhere from 300-500 for one which I guess isnt really that bad, and yeah it was the stock arms that broke

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the narrowed trackwidth of the impala ss rear be enough to clear a 10" wide with a backspacing of 5.5?

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would the narrowed trackwidth of the impala ss rear be enough to clear a 10" wide with a backspacing of 5.5?

It might, my wheels are 9" and I am running a 1/2" spacer. Not sure of my backspacong though.