99 Crew Cab Interior Interchanges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas Limo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie. I stumbled across this sight looking for some resources and information on my 99 1 ton Crew Cab. So far it's looking promising. :headbang: I know the body is a GMT 400, but is the interior as well? What interchanges? It's a pain to locate any parts advertised for 1 ton chevy/gmc let alone crew cab. I have LMC catalogs for 88-98 Chevy Trucks (claims parts for 1/2 & 3/4 ton) and a Suburban/Tahoe catalog. Looking for some insight.

Thanks,
Chris

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Your interior is the same as the half tons aside from a few small details most parts from the 95+ interior will swap over.

Texas Limo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was looking over a friend's 95 Suburban and the dash structure has a lot of differences i/e cup holders on the passenger side, where I've seen airbags, ( mine came stock with an airbag delete), ashtray location is different. Is this because it's Suburban?

Also, what year did they start running all the electronics through separate modules? 98? I was doing some diagnosis and found that my interior lighting is controlled by a module. Also found that the window circuit is controlled by the door module. I know this is common in the 800s and later.

Thanks again.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
88-94 used more or less the same interior pieces. There are door panel differences (88-89 and 90-94), glove box changes (88-92 two piece, 93-94 one piece), bezel color differences (88 is black, 89-94 is grey), fabric differences (88-89 and 90-94), etc.

95 the interior changed. These trucks are oddball because they are the only year with new interiors but the older ODB I electronics and TBI motors.

95 also had a unique year only ashtray, along with 95 only HVAC and gauge cluster. All other parts cross over with 96+

95-96 has same dash shell, driver's only airbag in 1500 and light 2500. 97-01 had same dash shell, driver and pass airbag in 1500 and light 2500.

There are a few color splits between the years, but the light grey, neutral, blue and ruby red all stayed the same 95+