98 K1500 4x4 Trans swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Hey guys, blew the sunshell out of my 4L60E. So im swapping it out for the same thing from Transmission Kingz out of Richmond VA. However I need to replace the TC to get the warranty, so my problem is deciding what to put in there, I see some people saying go with a TrailBlazer TC for 70$. But this confuses me. What would you guys recommend?

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock converter 1397 Stall gonna run you a couple hundo for a nice rebuilt one or more could be a lot more.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Yank converter in my 98 2wd. Its a nice piece. I see a lot of people all gung ho about getting a high stall. Just be cautious about going too high for how your motor is set up.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
I got the trans out, picking up a stock converter later today. Just a few basic things I would like to know.
How many quarts of ATF do I put in the convertor? I read that the trans takes 5 quarts "initial" but 11.3 total fill... What does that mean?
The transfer case is fine, but do I have to put any fluid in that? Also where could I find a replacement output shaft housing that connects the tcase to the tranny? mine has some stress cracks on the inside, but none on the outside.