98 diesel cab on a preswapped chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phew

Reaction score
Swapped my 97 k3500 over to a 05 6.0 a couple years ago, scored a really nice 98 truck that was a 6.5 diesel.

Anyone have any know how on what's needed to integrate the new cab to the existing swap ?

I pulled the 6.0 and existing harness out of the 97 cab at the drivers bulkhead plug as well as the plugs that are behind the dash.

Any knowledge or insite would be greatly appreciated

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feels like a “shell” game, and I’m lost too.

:Pshyco:

Phew

Reaction score
That is correct, I have a 97 k3500 the cab is junk, i swapped out the dead 454 for a 6.0 a year ago. Now I picked up another cab that was from a 98 k3500 that was originally a 6.5 diesel truck.

Hoping to see if anyone else had done a diesel to "ls" swap on these year trucks. Hoping to find out just how much wiring I need to change in the diesel cab to make it work right, since the computer and most of the wiring goes through the passenger side bulk head connector where on a gasser rig it's just the hvac controls.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The diesel interior harness won't have the stuff for cruise control. Best bet would be to swap the interior harnesses around. I'm guessing the engine swap is functional now with the junk cab?

Phew

Reaction score
Yes, it was a running driving truck. The 97 cab was failing and the 98 I picked up was mint, some old guy drove it and the 6.5 lost oil pressure and locked up. No door sag, nice rip/tare free pleather/vinyl seats nice carpet. Hard to pass up