97Bowtie1106's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
sanded the piss out of it with 320 i believe and went up from there. primered,wet sand, 3 coats of green,wetsand,2 coats of clear, wetsand,buff. But keep in mind this is just temp til i find a w/t bumper

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Well thats pretty damn original, I dont believe I have seen any other painted bumpers like that. Mostly the W/T style, but I cant remember seeing that around here...

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
im trying of keeping as much chrome as possible off this truck. For wheels Im leaning towards the Boss 338 in gray.

On a side note, I was trying to find out why the truck wont start and I cant hear the fuel pump when I turn the key. So thats not what I wanted but ill do whatever to get this back on the road

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
bahah mine runs again! my ground cable from block to cab snapped, i had lights and everything but it wouldnt roll over and the fuel pump wasn't kicking in, maybe check your ground straps, chassi to block, block to cab, cab to chassi, it could be something so small...

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
haha Ive spent all day trying to find out what it might be. My check engine light is on too. Before it stopped running, the truck felt like it was going to die when I put it in drive. Like it wasnt getting enough fuel pressure. AWESOME

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
yea ide say fuel pump then.... to bad you cant run the code without it running.... guess theo nlyway to find out its pull the bed or drop the tank.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Uh yeah you can run the codes with just power and no running engine. Just turn it to on like it was in run and hit scan. It will work or that code reader sucks bawls.