97 Tahoe two door exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to get an idea at what are my options for optimal street driving Exhaust but with a little bit of balls... I like a nice Chevy growl. Stock 5.7 vortec. 3:42 rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4ornadda

Reaction score
Well exhaust sound is relative. I had a 93 tahoe 2 door, and mine was far from stock. Headers, full custom exhaust, no cats, tuned and with a 383 in it. So I would say placement for the long haul, and if staying stock pipes just replace the factory with a (of your choice ) after market one. I have a thrush turbo on my 98 K1500 truck, and set it back about a foot farther than stock to cut down on some drone in the cab. And by back I mean towards the rear wheels. I love the sound, and I would compare it to a flowmaster 50 series.

4x4ornadda

Reaction score
Oh and I got it from autozone for like $30. Did the work myself, it might not last as long as some "top self" companies, this isn't my first one and they seem to last for several years. I have had the expensive brands and to me not really much difference in life span. Are you staying stock pipes? and do yours have the duels that flange together right at the cross member with duels to the muffler? If so that's what I had, and modified it into a Y pipe just before the muffler to get single in/out replacement. My set up cost me about $45 my labor. sounds great and might be placebo effect but seems like its got more umpf to it now to.

kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep dale to the muffler. Stock. Gonna stay stock with either magnaflow or fowmaster
Cats p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elroy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not cheap, but MF makes a system that is stainless, and a manifold to muffler downpipe w cats all SS too