97 chevy headlamps ,turnlights ,front side marker and tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John R

Reaction score
Well, Im new here. Caught a post on lights and have decided on the Anzo 111004 head light and the DNL blc10h turn lights;and,googled them just now and they are on Amazon.
Need a suggestion on amber front side marker.
Also would like suggestion for tail light. I am tired of looking at dull red tail lights I have had since truck was new.
Thanks for your help.
John

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, Im new here. Caught a post on lights and have decided on the Anzo 111004 head light and the DNL blc10h turn lights;and,googled them just now and they are on Amazon.
Need a suggestion on amber front side marker.
Also would like suggestion for tail light. I am tired of looking at dull red tail lights I have had since truck was new.
Thanks for your help.
John
When I did my lights I got a full front kit from anzo. I like it quite a bit. This kit looks like the same headlight housings you picked out plus parking and marker might housings as well. They have the same kit with halos. I have the smoked version with halos, pic below.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ann-111099/year/1997/make/chevrolet/model/k1500

As far as the taillights go, I picked up anzo for them too, I'll post pics, but jump on summit racing's website and see what you like.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like it may have been one of my posts you ran across. I run that exact headlight/parklight setup in both of my '97s. Anzo 111004 and DNA Motoring BLC10CH. No complaints about either, they're holding up great after a few years. Unfortunately all the decent looking amber corner lights for '94+ Chevy grilles that I'm aware of have been discontinued at this point. It's either stock amber replacements or clears. If I were you and I really wanted amber, I'd think about buying some of these clear corners and painting them. I tried it once a few years ago and messed it up pretty bad, but if you have a decent body shop around your area I'm sure they could do it for you for a reasonable price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-1998-...00-Silverado-Corner-Lights-Clear/142806207621

Those are the same style of corners that I run, but clear housings.

As far as tail lights, I'd strongly recommend the Anzo 211140. I run them in both of my '97s as well. I had the ones on my red truck lightly smoked at a body shop to match my smoked front corners. Here's a link to those tails.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BBHNM

Here's a few pictures of my '97s.

Front ends with the Anzo 111004 and DNA Motoring BLC10CH. Smoked euro amber corners on the red truck, clear euro amber corners on the 'burb.

You must be registered for see images

Rear ends with Anzo 211140 tail lights. As delivered on the Suburban, lightly smoked from the body shop on the red truck.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My anzo kit came with an amber set as well if I remember correctly. I'll take a pic after work, and if you want them, you can have them for the cost of shipping.

John R

Reaction score
Man, thanks a bunch guys.
Looking at the pics you posted,df2x4,the smoke corner lens really look good. Plus I like the tail lights. I have a 97 red regular cab sportside Z71 that I bought new and its been babied all its life. But, I have some clear peeling and the roof is pretty toasted;so, I have paint job lined up in the next couple weeks. Thus why Im looking for new lights.
Thanks RawBDidit. I do like the looks of those lights.
I thought maybe black but, I love the chrome on my truck,especially the grill.
Also,I would like to ask something about wheels. What forum should I ask on? Curious what some would thing about going to the older rally style rims. Im kinda old school and always thought those rims are bitchin kewl,lol.
Thanks much,
John

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, thanks a bunch guys.
Looking at the pics you posted,df2x4,the smoke corner lens really look good. Plus I like the tail lights. I have a 97 red regular cab sportside Z71 that I bought new and its been babied all its life. But, I have some clear peeling and the roof is pretty toasted;so, I have paint job lined up in the next couple weeks. Thus why Im looking for new lights.
Thanks RawBDidit. I do like the looks of those lights.
I thought maybe black but, I love the chrome on my truck,especially the grill.
Also,I would like to ask something about wheels. What forum should I ask on? Curious what some would thing about going to the older rally style rims. Im kinda old school and always thought those rims are bitchin kewl,lol.
Thanks much,
John
It's all a matter of taste, I went with black because I plan to add a black bull bar, roll bar, and black line x on the rocker panels, not to mention the black nerf bars I've since added.

the wheels that you mentioned... are you talking about the straight 5 spokes with the "exposed" lug nuts? Like the ones in the link below?

https://images.app.goo.gl/ybmVxQctne9y5Rny9

John R

Reaction score
Thanks. No thats what I have now. I have always liked the rally style rims with beauty ring and hub. Usually with the 5 hole/slots in wheels.
Just curious what anyone would think they would look like on my little sportside truck.
Thanks,
John

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always liked the rally style rims with beauty ring and hub. Usually with the 5 hole/slots in wheels.

You mean like what's on my red truck in the pictures I posted up above? Those are the factory rally wheels that came on the truck, they're four slot though. I just changed the center caps to the 454SS/Sport style with the red emblems. Here's a better picture of one of them. (Excuse the dirt)

Personally I like them better than the aluminum sawblade wheels like my Suburban has, I think the rallys have a little more class. I know they were offered on the six lug trucks as well in a 16" version so you should be able to find some of those to fit your Z71 pretty easily.

John R

Reaction score
thanks df284, yeah what I am thinking of is similar,but the holes are similar but larger and have the chrome beauty ring. Also a larger center piece. I think it would be kewl to find a corvette center piece,lol.
JohnR

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks df284, yeah what I am thinking of is similar,but the holes are similar but larger and have the chrome beauty ring. Also a larger center piece. I think it would be kewl to find a corvette center piece,lol.
JohnR
I'd check, but I think the correct rims from a C4 might fit a C1500