95 suburban AC question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claytorr

Reaction score
I have a 95 K2500 6.5 Suburban with rear AC. It is getting hot here and I have a shop helping me get the AC back to functioning. The shop is having a hard time find the hose that comes off the compressor. The hose needs to make a 90' turn to clear the air box. They have not been able to find the part. Do y'all have any suggestions where to look?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Seems like a tricky one to find. Original part for yours appears to be # 15982000 which of course is discontinued, and I haven't yet found it in aftermarket, at least on Rock.

All 3 listings on Rock show the same OE cross-reference for part # 15984597 which is your application but without rear A/C. :(

You may need to see if there's a shop near you that can make a custom hose using your existing one as a template. If there's not anywhere nearby that does this you can probably send it out.

Richard

Claytorr

Reaction score
Thanks Richard, that's exactly what they are doing and the custom piece will be back tomorrow. Just figured I would check the communal knowledge base here.

Claytorr

Reaction score
Custom place did not work out so they are using a different line that runs though the airbox. So I am switching to cold air intake to allow for the other pipe. All this to get AC